At the Best Western Royal we are committed to continually improving our working practices to help protect the environment.
The measures we have implemented are:
- We segregate our waste where possible for recycling.
- Where possible we use low energy light bulbs in all areas of the hotel.
- We use local produce wherever possible.
- The oil from our kitchen is recycled into bio-fuel.
- We recycle waste paper.
- We turn down the heating rather than opening windows.
- Guest TV’s are not left on standby.
- We have a towel re-use scheme in our bathrooms.
- Lights are switched off when not in use.
- We have certain lights that operate from sensors and switch off automatically.
- We have measures in place to reduce energy consumption.
- Environmental issues form part of staff training and induction procedures.
- We have information on local transport, cycle and walking routes available at reception. We advertise environmentally friendly activities in a customized folder at reception.
- We have implemented procedures within our office environment to cut down on the use of paper resources & postage.
- We continually review our working practices to ensure we are as energy efficient as possible.